Last modified April 21, 2019.
Thank you for using one or more software applications (“app”, “cms” or “apps”) offered by Marketing Matters LLC, dba Marketing Matters Services. We value our customers and their privacy; outlined below is a wealth of information pertaining to how we use and distribute your information within our platform.
We encourage you to read carefully our Privacy Statement to understand your rights and choices regarding how we collect, use, share and process information relating to your (“Personal Data”).
All references to Marketing Matters LLC, “MMS+”, “we”, “us” or the “Company” is a reference to MarketingMattersServices.com, and any affiliates involved in our processing activity.
The type of information we collect
We collect two types of information from our users.
The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a user(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Services (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the user from which the Non-personal Information was collected.
- Technical information: In order to enhance the functionality of the Services and to provide you with a better user experience, we collect technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time and the domain name from which you linked to the Services; etc.).
• Analytics information: We collect information about your use of the Services, such as applications’ usage, log files, user activity (e.g. pages viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, online browsing, clicks, actions, installs, etc.), time stamps, alerts, etc. This information is collected for amongst other things troubleshooting errors and bugs as well as for research and analytics purposes about your use of the Services.
The second type of information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual (“Personal Information”). Such information may include:
- Account Information: When you sign-up and register to the Services, you will be asked to provide us certain details about yourself. You may register for our Services through ourwebsite, http://www.MarketingMattersServices.com.
When you register for our Services through our website we may collect from you the following information: full name, e-mail, telephone; your contact list (represented by what you upload to the smart app or the CMS), details you save under your contact application next to your own details; as well as any other information you made publicly available on such account or agreed to share with us.
- Voluntary information: We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, when you respond to communications from us, performing a purchase through our App, communicate with us via email or the website or share additional information about yourself or about others through your use of the Services (e.g. when sharing messages to a group of Contacts; contact, sync of your contact with your social network picture; etc.).
- Device Information: We may also collect Personal Information from your device. Such information includes geolocation data, IP address and other information which relates to your activity through the Services.
How we collect information
There are four main methods we may use to collect information about you:
- We collect information through your use of the Services. In other words, when you are using our Services, we are aware of it and may gather the information relating to such usage (e.g. your call logs and Contacts).
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal Information which you provide when you register an account, perform an in-app purchase, interact with our customer support, share information within a group of Contacts; etc.)
We may use third party services for performance tracking and measurement such as Google Analytics, Flurry Analytics, Fabric or other third party services that may use some of the Non-Personal Information for analyzing and statistic purposes.
Marketing Matters Database
The Contact Information we collect from you when you use our Services (e.g. name, phone number, email address, Contacts, etc.) is stored in our central database (the “Marketing Matters’ Database”). Our Database may also contain data from publicly available sources and from our trusted business partners. Our algorithms process the data contained in the Marketing Matters Database in order to identify the most up-to-date information for each contact.
We may also disclose to our affiliates and business partners (or permit their access to) Contact Information obtained in our system for the purposes of ensuring that their current contact information is up to date. We will not disclose Contact Information to business partners for the purpose of enriching their data with new Contacts, but merely provide them Contact Information which will help them to check if their existing contact information is up to date.
How we use information within our Systems
- Affiliates and business partners. We may disclose to our affiliates and business partners (or permit their access to) Contact Information (as explained above, under “MarketingMattersDatabase”) for the purposes of ensuring that their existing contact information is current and up to date.
- Recipients. We may also share Personal Information with the following recipients: (i) our subsidiaries; (ii) subcontractors and otherthird-partyservice providers (e.g. payment processors, advertisers, etc.); (iii) auditors or advisers of our business processes; and (iv) any potential purchasers or investors in MM.
- We may also disclose Personal Information, or any information you submitted via the Services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
Third party collection of information
Our policy only addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. To the extent that you disclose your information to other parties via our Services (e.g. by clicking on a link to any other website or location) or via other sites throughout the internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them.
How long we retain the information we collect?
At any time, you may stop using our Services and request for a full removal of your data, by contacting Customer Support.
Please note that unless you instruct us otherwise, we retain the information we collect for as long as needed to provide the Services and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
How do we safeguard and transfer your information?
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Services and your information. We employ industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of your information and prevent unauthorized use of any such information.
Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse our Services, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
If you feel that your privacy was treated not in accordance with our policy, or if any person attempted to abuse our Services or acted in an inappropriate manner, please contact Customer Service.